Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cinnamon Buns

Today is the day I finally get to go home, Yippee!!! It is our reading week, so I am flying home to enjoy time with family and friends. But I actually do have to do some work because I have two midterms after the break!  As much as I enjoy living away from home, I love being able to go back home too. Since it is Saturday morning coffee, I thought I would share a recipe for delicious quick cinnamon rolls.  Who doesn`t love a warm ooey gooey cinnamon bun in the morning.  These are incredible easy and can be made all within an hour. 


Cinnamon Buns

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup milk
Filling:
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 
400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
3. Cut in softened butter.
4. Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
5. Roll out dough on a lightly floured table (working space) into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.

6. To make the filling combine in a small bowl softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture.
7. Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough.
8. Roll up the rectangle, with a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls (12 if you want them a little bigger).
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. For the glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
11. Once rolls are finished, drizzle on the glaze.
12. Serve warm.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. these look amazing!
    I must try them
    leila xx
    www.ohsoleila.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I think I will make these for a Sunday morning pick me up! Thanks for sharing the recipe:)
    Found you through the Meet & Greet Blog Hop!
    www.toddah.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these look so so good! I think I'll be making them SOON! Thank you for following my blog! I'm now your newest follower! :)

    -Sam
    Life as Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe - I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorable blog!! I found you through the GFC collective and am now following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower from the gfc blog hop and looking forward to reading more! these look so so yummy!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!