Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feta Herb Chicken

I absolutely love being home! It is great, but going so quickly :(  One thing I seem to do lots more of is cook and bake.  I believe this is because I have way more options with all the ingredient options supplied at home.  I usually will look up a bunch of recipes, pick my favourites and than adapt them to my own preference.  And if I ever need help I just ask my Dad, who is a fabulous cook and makes amazing gourmet dishes.  My first dinner I made was feta herb chicken with garlic rice. The chicken was flavourful and moist and was fairly easy to make. It is also a very healthy option, since it is baked and has no added fat.  Because I ate mine so quickly, I didn't get to take a picture, but trust me it looked just as beautiful as it tasted.  

Feta Herb Chicken

4 chicken breasts (1 lb)
1/2 lemon (juice)
1 tsp dry Oregano or 1 tbsp fresh oregano
1 tsp dry parsley or 1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Feta

Preheat the oven to 375°.  
Trim the fat off the chicken and pat dry. 
Season with herbs, salt, pepper, and the lemon juice.  
Place on a baking/roasting pan. Bake for approximately 35 minutes until fully cooked.
Remove from the oven and place the feta (2-3 tsp) on each chicken breast.  Broil on low for around 2-4 minutes, the cheese will become golden.

(You can substitute any herbs that you prefer). 

     Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delightful! I'll add it to that growing list of recipes I want to try.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I love feta and I love chicken so this is something I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm that sounds yummy! I'm gonna have to try adding oregano to my lemon chicken too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious. I love feta with anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! this chicken dish sounds great and like laura i love anything with feta too

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!