Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Roasted Corn

HAPPY TUESDAY!!  

So like I said before, I have been cooking and baking lots lately now that I am off for the summer.  And one of my goals this summer was to try a new recipe or food idea each week. So I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.


Roasted Corn!
I love corn, but I am not a big fan of frozen corn (I prefer corn on the cob). So this idea intrigued me because I felt that the corn would develop a very nice flavour by roasting it. And it is simple, easy, and quick.
Take Frozen Corn, place on a pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with your seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, parsley ect). Broil the corn for about 5 to 8 minutes.  Every few minutes or so make sure you check and flip/toss the corn because it can burn easily. If you decide you do not want to put oil on the corn, you have to be extra careful with them burning.

You can eat it plain, in salads, wraps, toss it in soups. I even mixed it with some salsa and a dollop of sour cream, sooo yummy :) 


Have a Terrific Tuesday!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yummy! Sounds so summery! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted an amazing round-up from last weeks party… stop on over and check it out!
    PS do you have a link back page for the parties you join? looked around and didn't see one, but I could have missed it :O)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, they make our day!